The 2018 Startup Canada Awards are the hallmark event celebrating outstanding achievements in Canada’s entrepreneurship and innovation community. This year, Startup Canada is celebrating the 5th annual awards by inviting individuals and organizations to nominate themselves and others in their network by April 3rd. The Startup Canada Awards are a fantastic opportunity to pay it forward, celebrate with your team, attribute appreciation and celebrate impact and successes of those making a difference through their leadership, entrepreneurship and businesses.
Here are 5 reasons why you should nominate or apply for the 2018 Startup Canada Awards:
- Be celebrated locally and nationally – Winners of the Startup Canada Awards are celebrated through online networks and at red carpet ceremonies in their regions and nationally at the Grand Finale in Ottawa. At these ceremonies, winners are presented with their award before an audience of Canada’s top business leaders, journalists, investors, and leading anchor companies. “I benefited greatly from gaining national recognition of my product and validation of my business model.” – Patrice Mousseau, Founder & CEO of Satya Organic
- Network – Startup Canada Award winners are connected to growth partners, customers, mentors and champions, and have the opportunity to build lasting relationships to scale their companies, startup communities, and more. “Being apart of the community has been inspiring in itself. I am grateful for being included and have met some great people in the network.” – Natalie Dakers, CEO, Accel-Rx
- Tell your story & have a voice – Startup Canada and our partners champion the stories of Startup Canada Award winners through our social media networks, with our media partners, and in our ongoing conversations with Canada’s top business leaders. Winners also have opportunities to share their ideas with the national community, become thought leaders in their fields, and strengthen their impact as change makers by having a voice to government, media, and industry. “The platform and voice it has given me to speak on various issues has been fantastic.” – Swarochish Goswami, CEO and Founder, SuperFan Inc
- Attract talent & exposure – Startup Canada Awards winners gain exposure for their companies, thereby attracting talent from across the world. “The exposure has been great, especially for our recruiting efforts.” – Michele Romanow, Co-Founder and CEO of Clearbanc and CBC Dragons Den investor
- Joining the Startup Canada Alumni Program – Startup Canada Awards winners are automatically entered into the Startup Canada Alumni Program where they’re elevated as thought leaders in policy discussions, as speakers inspiring the next generation, and as representatives of the Canadian entrepreneurship community. “Being a part of the Startup Canada Awards alumni program has provided me with an instant community of thousands of entrepreneurs across the country. It is exciting to have this increased network of like-minded people who are working together to move Canada’s innovation and entrepreneurial community to the forefront of the global stage.” – Manny Padda, Founder, New Avenue Capital
Learn more about the Startup Canada Awards: watch the 2017 Startup Canada Awards Recap Video, learn about last year’s winners and follow the conversation on Twitter using #StartupCanAwards. And lastly, apply or nominate for the 2018 Startup Canada Awards by April 3rd at 11:59pm PT at www.startupaward.ca!