BY SHAUNA HARPER | PIVOT MANAGER
Click red arrow to download & listen to the podcast
The common phrase in business is ‘location, location, location!’ Will Cadell from Spark Geo shares why ‘location no longer defines businesses in smaller cities.’ His company SparkGeo helps social networks and other organizations leverage and understand location intelligence on the web. He works with companies globally but runs his tech startup remotely from Prince George BC.
In this podcast he shares with us:
- Why he works remotely in Prince George instead of from an urban city
- How a community the size of Prince George helps his business
- How his business model has changed over time while working remotely
- What some of the lessons are that he has learned in running a virtual business
- Why growing the Startup PG community is important to him
We keep these initial podcasts/videos short and sweet and around the 10 minute mark. Since there were more questions we wanted to ask Cadell, we continued the interview and recorded a longer MP3 that will be available at the end of the month.
Get free access to part two of this interview. It will be available Feb 1, 2014.